Wednesday, May 13, 2015

So following midterm I feel like I've really come to enjoy painting as a whole a lot more that I did at the very beginning of the year. It all really changed when we began our abstract projects and I decided to make a few marks with the palette knife and found that I loved the way the marks looked/felt. I ended up really liking the majority of the abstract pieces i made. Not only was the final product likable but the process was easily the best part.

For my series paintings I really wanted to capture the dark and mysterious nature that surrounds the Seven Deadly Sins. Through the act of painting I ended up almost literally attacking my painting which resulted in what I though to be an interesting mix of colors and mark making. So I decided to do this all over the paintings and then go over the hectic mixture with the original silhouetted image. After all that I then attacked the painting again with paint mixed with liquin.

The results are admittedly a bit confusing if you didn't actually paint it and know ahead of time what is what but regardless I'm really happy with how the series as a whole ended up. There are a few that I feel stand above the rest but I'm still really happy with it no matter what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment